Pasay City Public Library
MS. LOLITA C. ATIENZA
Rm. 304 Pasay City Hall Bldg.
F.B. Harrison St., Pasay City, Philippines
Tel. Nos. (632) 831-6688
An Act providing for the establishment for Congressional, City and Municipal Libraries and Barangay Reading Centers throughout the Philippines, appropriating the necessary funds therefor and for other purposes
Article II Establishment of Public Libraries and Reading Centers
Section 2 – A Public Library shall be establish in every congressional district, city and municipality in the country as a joint undertaking of the National Library, The Department of Interior and Local Government, the Philippines Information Agency, the local government unit and the citizens of the locality.
The Pasay City Public Library serves as the repository of supplemental knowledge to formal education by providing new and latest edition of both print and non-print reference materials, computers and other information resources which will satisfy the needs of all the members of the community to become well informed, understand important issues, cultivate the imagination, promote studies and leisure of reading.
- Promote effective library service through the implementation of modern trends in Library Systems.
- Modernize and beautify the City Library to make it a world class City Library, thus promoting better services to the residents of Pasay City by providing modern technology services.
- Systematize and organize the library management systems.
- Provide general library services to its customers.
- Upgrade/ enhance Library personnel and staff development.
- Promote different library programs, projects and services offered by the City Government.