- Prepare forms, orders, and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the governor or mayor, as the case may be.
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit.
- Assist the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings.
- Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon.
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management.
- Coordinate with the treasurer, accountant and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting.
- Assist the sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budget of component local government units.
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan.